Gorjanc Comfort Services enlisted the help of contractors in all areas to come up with a list of best practices for the safety and care of your home.
- Upgrade old fuse boxes and electrical service to meet todays needs.
- Eliminate the use of extension cords – they are the leading cause of electrical fires.
- Hire only contractors that are licensed, bonded and insured.
- Require that permits are issued for the work being done. It is your assurance that the job is being done correctly.
Recommended Electrical Contractor
Security and Safety Advice
- Have your security system tested annually.
- Fire alarms should be cleaned and tested every three years.
- Installing fire or burglar protection systems can lower your premium for home owners insurance.
- When building a new home, code requires smoke detectors in every bedroom and on each floor.
- Keep flat roofs, drains, and gutters clean.
- Inspect flashing and monitor roof conditions.
- Nearby trees can cause damage to roofing and chimneys. Keep trees trimmed to a safe distance from roofs.
- Ventilate attic areas.